Thursday, April 12, 2012

Post 3 Vocabulary-Sat words)





Word:Placid
Meaning:calm; peaceful
Sentence:The art studio in my internship is very placid.

Word:Abrogate
Meaning:cancel; deny; repeal 
Sentence:I abrogate my date day with my mentor .

Word:Lachrymose 
Meaning:tearful; sad
Sentence:The funeral home  was filled with lachrymose people. 

Word:Counterfeit
Meaning::fake; false
Sentence:she was able to counterfeit tears at the funeral.

Word:Abhor
Meaning:hate 
Sentence:I Abhor the food that contain onions.

3 comments:

  1. Hey jensy! these vocabulary words are really good to learn because there is a lot of people who use big words like this and when you learn them now you can use it in the future.keep learning more of these. And I just realized that we have almost the same words. but it cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jensy, your vocabulary words are very helpful and I noticed that some of them can be used at the internship where you work. Learning words like this is very helpful for to improve your English and your communication skills. Try to learn more and you will se the difference. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow big words Jensy, You don't learn these words where you work with innocent little kids right. You are getting ready for SAT I see. Good job, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete