Sunday, March 11, 2012

Post 1 - week 1 -First Impressions-





Brooklyn Children's museum is a really cool museum which is so full of life, it’s a great place for kids to play, have fun and explore really cool things that look real but they are not real. My supervisor name is Delia Meza she is a childhood educator and works in an office but she shares her office with someone else. Delia Meza is a wonderful woman, really nice, helpful, kind and the days that I have been intern in the museum I have always see her in a good mood. The way she talks to the children’s is really nice. The environment in the museum is really a live, it’s a really colorful museum, the people are always nice, the people that works there they all nice and friendly. The children’s running everywhere playing, laughing, smiling.The neighborhood looks really nice& calm. In my internship I see Genita,she is working in the same place at me ,I also see other interns student who are really nice and have been really helpful with us. The task that I have complete at my internship is being able to be patience with the kids and also supporting the noise and also being able to learn how to read a book to the children’s in a way they can be entertain by the story of the book. My exact schedule so far is from Tuesday to Thursday 3 hours a day from 2 to 5 pm and on Fridays from 2 to 5:30 pm. I arrived home about 6:pm.Something else I would like to share about my internship so far is that we met another interns and one of them is from Honduras also. The first day of my internship I have to hold an snake, cockroach and a turtle and never in my life I had hold an snake because I’m really scared of snakes but the first day I did hold a snake for 1 minute I think so but we will get a training day to learn how to hold different kinds of animals without fear and them we will be able to do shows with them to the children’s. The last thing I want to share about my internship is that if my family wants to take a little baby to the museum they can go without paying.

7 comments:

  1. Jensy,

    You are officially a brave person for holding a snake! Everyone now has to respect you for holding a cockroach too, an insect that often sends people running and screaming. I love that detail!

    I'm happy you are having fun in the giant yellow museum, a super fun place indeed. It's great you have a younger brother or sister that you can take because children LOVE the museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo!! For holding a snake. Seriously, anyone will be scared to hold a snake for even one moment. But you've done it!! I've never been to Brooklyn Children Museum, but according to your descriptions , I believe it's a fun place to be with my little sister, cousins if I ever want to take them somewhere nice. So far I think you're having a great time, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture you put in your post is so cool, it seems like a really cool museum and I will definitely go there to visit some day because I love kids a lot. I personally inherited the trait from my mom, which is my mom and I are both really scared of snakes, but I am a little bit better. haha :) I know you enjoy your internship and I wish you the best in the museum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's nice, can a friend not pay to go to the museum too? finding help is good, you can feel more at ease. Keep up the good work Jensy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jensy, your description is definitely better than mine and I'm glad because your description can really give the readers an idea of how great this internship is. I'm happy that you like it and you were very brave when you touched all those animals. Good job and keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good job Jensy you're brave to touch the snakes in the first day is good thing that you are enjoying your job which makes it better right? keep up the good work girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your internship is amazing. Not a lot of people get to hold a snake or a cockroach. You are really brave to try new things and it's just a new beginning for you. So keep up the good work:)

    ReplyDelete